YOUR FRIENDLY REMINDER TO IMPLEMENT PRODUCTIVITY STRATEGIES INTO YOUR DAY TO DAY TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED, ON TRACK AND CLEAR HEADED.
Depending on your specialisation, freelancing can be isolating and quite taxing mentally, especially when it comes to the grind of actually finding the projects in the first place! So how are you staying motivated? Are you keeping productive in order to keep a flow of regular work whilst maintaining the current workload?
You’ve likely heard one, or all, of these before but as your FRIENDS we are here to remind you.
How to stay productive and motivated as a freelancer
This includes tips on time management, setting goals, and maintaining work-life balance.
Staying productive and motivated as a freelancer can be challenging, especially when working from home and dealing with the isolation, interruptions and lack of structure. Here are some tips on how to stay productive and motivated as a freelancer.
Staying productive and motivated as a freelancer takes effort, but it’s essential to ensure that you’re successful in your business. Remember to be organised, set goals, take care of yourself, and stay connected with others.
1. Time management: set a schedule for your work, including breaks, and stick to it. use tools such as a calendar, to-do list, or timer to help you stay on track. At &FRIENDS we use tools like Asana and Clockify.
2. Set goals: set clear, measurable goals for yourself, both short-term and long-term. This will give you a sense of purpose and direction. There are many goal setting templates you can use if you need the help setting these up. Asana has a template here.
3. Prioritise: focus on the most important tasks first, and break larger tasks down into smaller, manageable chunks. The time management / project management systems definitely help with this. IMO: multitasking = all of the stress and only some of the results!
4. Avoid distractions: identify and eliminate sources of distraction, such as social media, email, and notifications. There are many social media blocker apps you can install if you don’t trust yourself to stop scrolling. Freedom for example.
5. Take care of yourself: make sure to take care of your physical and mental health, by getting enough sleep, exercise, and breaks during the day.
6. Create a work-life balance: set boundaries between your work and personal life, and make sure to take time for yourself and your loved ones.
7. Stay connected: stay connected with other freelancers and friends. This can help with motivation and avoiding feelings of isolation. There are lots of groups on Meetup, for example, covering a multitude of hobbies and interests.
8. Reward yourself: recognise your accomplishments, and reward yourself for a job well done!